Thursday, March 1, 2012

March...My Favorite Time of the Year

What can I say.  March.  What a great time of year!  Most people think of the dreary, cold and wet days of March.  I think of the moment I look at the newspaper and I notice the avg daily temperature rising.  It is one of my favorite moments of the year.  Next week we are expecting to see temps in the 50's!

To me March means a lot of things.  It means trout fishing is open again here in WI (my favorite thing to do), it means that our lawn care season is really starting to gear up and it means the NCAA basketball tournament is fast approaching.  These three things mysteriously become fresh and seem to show a new birth every season just as mother nature does this time of year.  Every season brings a new excitement that one seems to forget or lose sight of during some of our long winter days.


Over the next few weeks the lawns will start to come out of dormancy and our spring rush will begin.  I will hold that precious brook trout that still has its 'dancing' colors from last fall's spawn.  Last second buzzer beaters will fill the air with electricity and create those 'magic moments' we love to reminisce for years to come.

Yes...March is here, my favorite time of year.



madison.weedmanusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment